When I began my TDD Sample App, my hope was that it would help us explore a number of topics around TDD and Tidy Code.
On one hand, the app itself has barely progressed. However, the blog posts cover a surprising variety of topics.
Subject categories (of all posts)
In fact, the sample-related posts span across my blog categories:
But a problem with these category archives is it’s hard to see what’s related to the Marvel Browser project. And now there are really two sample apps: one in Objective-C, and one in Swift. I hope to keep them going in parallel.
The TDD Sample App posts
So here are the posts specifically about the sample app, in order:
- TDD Sample App: 20 Topics that May Spill Out
- Xcode Warnings: Can You Turn Them Up to Eleven?
- Spike Solutions: 7 Techniques You Can Use
- Is Apple Stuffing Your Code with Pointless Cruft?
- How to Rearrange Xcode Projects to Increase Testing
- How to Easily Switch Your iOS App Delegate for Testing
- 7 TDD Techniques from a Case Study
- But Does It Work? Boost Confidence with Acceptance Tests
- Request Model: How to Architect Web Service Apps
- Value Objects: AppCode’s Code Generation to the Rescue
- TDD Networking with DI: Is It Really That Easy?
- 3 Reasons Why It’s Important to Refactor Tests
- How to Avoid Problems with Assertion Test Helpers
- How to Make Your Own OCHamcrest Matcher for Powerful Asserts
- Can TDD Be Simple? With Preparation, Yes
- How a TDD Mistake Revealed an Error in My Design
- What Would MacGyver Do? Quickly Hack a Spike Test!
- Look, Mom! My First Spike Solution in Swift
- How Can Swift Language Features Improve Testability?
- How to Structure Tests that Do Real Networking
- How Does Swift Support Stubbing and Mocking?
- How to Design Swift Mock Objects
- Have You Wished You Could Fake a Return Value in Swift?
- Your TDD Will Improve as Your Design Sense Improves
- JSON Parsing: One of the Easiest Places for TDD beginners
- 100% Coverage of Edge Cases: How to Safely Parse JSON
- Revealing Hidden Objects: Can Domain-Driven Design Improve Your Code?
- Refactoring Demo: Is It More than Just Changing Stuff?
- How to Mock Standalone Functions …Without Changing the Call Sites
- The 3 Laws of TDD: Focus on One Thing at a Time
These posts only scratch the surface. I have a lot, lot more I hope to explore and share with you. Subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss a thing!