Here are the slides for my presentation Software Paradigms, Architectures & Patterns
- Alan Kay on the real idea of OOP
- SOLID principles
- Model View Presenter. Martin Fowler has split MVP into two separate architectures, naming what I use “Passive View“.
- objc.io articles: Introduction to MVVM and Architecting iOS Apps with VIPER
- Presenting Coordinators: Soroush Khanlou’s talk at NSSpain 2015
- Apple’s description of Model View Controller. In contrast, see Martin Fowler’s description of various GUI Architectures.
- Robert Martin’s talk Architecture: The Lost Years which explains Clean Architecture
- Escape from Mars: Jorge D. Ortiz-Fuentes’s talk at MCE^3 which applies Clean Architecture to iOS
- Erich Gamma interview about “program to an interface, not an implementation”, and “favor object composition over class inheritance”.
- Tell, Don’t Ask
- Law of Demeter
- Command/Query Separation
- 4 Rules of Simple Design
- Cohesion and Coupling
Disclosure: The book links below are affiliate links. If you buy anything, I earn a commission, at no extra cost to you.
Refactoring: The Improving the Design of Existing Code by Martin Fowler
This book that completely changed the way I code. See my post Refactoring: The Book that Changed Everything for Me for more thoughts.
Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software by Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, John Vlissides
Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture by Martin Fowler