When I began my TDD Sample App, my hope was that it would help us explore a number of topics around TDD and Clean Code.
On one hand, the app itself has barely progressed. However, the blog posts cover a surprising variety of topics.
Subject categories (of all posts)
In fact, the sample-related posts span across my blog categories:
But a problem with these category archives is it’s hard to see what’s related to the Marvel Browser project. And now there are really two sample apps: one in Objective-C, and one in Swift. I hope to keep them going in parallel.
The TDD Sample App posts
So here are the posts specifically about the sample app, in order:
- TDD Sample App: 20 Topics that May Spill Out
- Xcode Warnings: Turn Them Up to Eleven
- Spike Solutions: 7 Techniques You Can Use
- Is Apple Stuffing Your Code with Pointless Cruft?
- How to Rearrange Xcode Projects to Increase Testing
- How to Easily Switch Your App Delegate for Testing
- 7 TDD Techniques from a Case Study
- But Does It Work? Boost Confidence with Acceptance Tests
- Request Model: How to Architect Web Service Apps
- Value Objects: AppCode’s Code Generation to the Rescue
- TDD Networking with DI: Is It Really That Easy?
- 3 Reasons Why It’s Important to Refactor Tests
- How to Avoid Problems with Assertion Test Helpers
- How to Make Your Own OCHamcrest Matcher for Powerful Asserts
- Can TDD Be Simple? With Preparation, Yes
- How a TDD Mistake Revealed an Error in My Design
- What Would MacGyver Do? Quickly Hack a Spike Test!
- Look, Mom! My First Spike Solution in Swift
- How Can Swift Language Features Improve Testability?
- How to Make Asynchronous Tests Fail Faster
- How to Replace Real Objects with Fakes in Swift
- How to Make More Useful Swift Mock Objects
- How to Fake a Swift Return Value with a Partial Mock
- Your TDD Will Improve as Your Design Sense Improves
- Easy TDD: How to Get Started with JSON Parsing
These posts only scratch the surface. I have a lot, lot more I hope to explore and share with you. Subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss a thing!